Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dream Theme #3: Extra Rooms/Perfect House

I have had this dream ever since I can remember. I will go into a door of my house and find that it hides behind it a whole new set of rooms that are perfect. Spacious, airy, light, wonderful. I am so delighted to discover this part of my house/apartment that I never knew existed that I bounce around and look up and down and plan how I'm going to keep it clean and pretty. And the funny thing is that usually during this dream while I'm walking around in wonder, I think to myself, "isn't it a shame that I didn't know this was here until now...how I could have been using these rooms!"

I'm usually a little depressed when I wake up after one of these dreams. I was so full of wonder and hope that coming back to reality--a place where there aren't hidden rooms--is a little sad. Sometimes, though, that little hint of discovery and excitement lingers after I wake up to keep me motivated and excited all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I have this dream too! And I feel exactly the way you do. Sometimes there is a room full of beautiful clothes! I can't wait to wear them. Then I'm depressed when I wake up. But...I think, well, I'll just go out and see if I can buy some of these beautiful clothes!

Anonymous said...

I have had this kind of dream also only I have this great castle that is mine and I didn't know it was there in my house. Wonder why we all have this kind of dream. Mom