Monday, October 02, 2006

General Update

I feel like nothing is going on in my life, but really, there are lots of things to update, so today's entry will serve as a "news" day:
  • Oliver Kitty is doing fine after his surgery. He no longer flinches when we rub our hands down his back. He looks awfully funny with a big patch of fur shaved on his backside, but the incision is very clean and is healing nicely.
  • I've been basically sugar-free for 4 months now. What that means for me is that I do not have anything that looks like dessert even if IT is sugar free (jello, pudding, ice cream, etc. will inspire me to desire Godiva). It's been tough, because most days I long for a piece of cake or cookies. But, I'm doing fine because it's easy to make a decision--can I have that slice of cheesecake that is calling my name? no? Well, that sucks, but it's better for me that way. I will eat jelly in my biscuits, scones from Starbucks, and things like that, but nothing that has more than 20 grams of sugar per serving.
  • The party this weekend was a lot of fun. We had about 20-25 people show up, most of whom stayed for about 2-3 hours. It was loud, people were laughing, a big portion of our wine, beer, and food were consumed, so I know it must have been fun! I know I had a great time, though hosting a party puts pressure on you to keep moving around and making sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves even when you are really enjoying this conversation you're having. No one played games, so I've learned that maybe that's not something to put out. One really cool thing is that one of our attendees is the person who lived in the house 2 people before we moved in (we bought it from her dad who had rented it to someone else after she graduated from high school). She was in awe at how different the place looked. Seeing her face made all the trouble and expense we've been to painting and renovating worthwhile!
  • E is grounded for two weeks. Things went downhill while cleaning up on Friday afternoon, and she ended up throwing a box of kleenexes at me (though she claims she just threw them...didn't intend for it to be in my direction...).
  • My parents are coming to visit next weekend--yeah!

I think that's all my news. If I come up with something else, I'll add it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your party was a success! I'm glad you had a party. Parties are fun.