Friday, October 06, 2006

Musica Fabulosa

When we lived in College Station there was a Spanish radio station called "Musica Fabulosa." My Spanish teacher was the DJ in the evenings and his radio name was "El Maestro Romantico" which roughly translates to "the love teacher" but means something more along the lines of "romance expert." Not only did he play romantic Spanish songs, but he gave relationship advice to callers. It was fun to listen to while I had a mild ability at understanding Spanish.

That's a long introduction to say that I've been driving a lot the past two days and have listened to lots of music. I have two new-ish CDs which I absolutely love: Rascal Flatts's "Me and My Gang" and Pat Green's "Cannonball." Flatts have outdone themselves on their current CD (it's been out since April or May, but it just hit me about 2 weeks ago how GOOD is really is). Not one single song on the album makes you want to fast forward through it; in fact, I've wanted to rewind and listen to many of the songs over and over and over so that I can memorize them and sing along. My favorite (and this is hard to figure out) is "What Hurts the Most" which is actually released on the pop charts, but is a fabulous song, and very difficult to learn to sing. I think my mom would like "Ellsworth, KS, 1948" because it's about a woman who has Alzheimers and is living in 1948 when she was first falling in love. But all of the songs are really wonderful and I can hardly get enough.

I bought Green's CD less than a month ago and I listened to it over and over and over when I first got it. David even asked if we could listen to another CD because he was getting a little tired of it. Again, all of the songs on this CD are really top-notch. Back and forth my CD player went the past two days listening to these songs. It's made some really boring driving more tolerable.

What are y'all listening to these days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been listening to Billy Joe's albumn that was recorded live in London. He lets Diamondback sing and play a few of their songs. It is fun listening to your own child on cd. I like music usually that is fast and has a good beat like "Get drunk and be somebody". The words aren't all that great but the music is. Mom